- Our Group
- Legal & Financial Information
- About Cyprus
- News & Blog
- Contact Us
The company has had the opportunity to work on a rich variety of technically challenging projects all over Cyprus, acquiring expertise in the areas of industrial units, residential complexes, commercial buildings, hotels, buildings of historical importance and many others. These projects have paved the way for the company to build a wealth of experience in technically challenging endeavours, such as deep foundations, high-rise construction, high grade finishing and fitting out, as well as advanced project management techniques.
Over the last three decades, the company has accumulated a wealth of experience which spans the whole spectrum of the construction industry. Below are some of the major technical tasks which the company has proudly undertaken:
Health & Safety
A big part of our mission is to ensure the health and safety of all people who are affected by the presence of our construction sites and any other operations we carry out.
To accomplish this we have developed and adopt a series of procedures and practices which have evolved out of our own experience and the guidance of specialised consultants. The following are just a few examples of how the company deals with the issue of health and safety on a daily basis:
- Frequent training of personnel on the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and frequent renewal of every employee’s PPE.
- Frequent training and certification of specialised personnel on the handling of heavy machinery and erection of scaffolding.
- Assigned health and safety officers and first aid responders for every worksite as stipulated and specified by Labour Department law.
- Ring-fencing and safeguarding of every worksite.
- Formation of special response and first aid units within every project for events such as fire, collapse, chemical hazard etc.
- Induction training of employees, subcontractors and all other visitors upon first visitation to any worksite.
- Weekly Health and Safety reports and consultations by independent Health and Safety consultants/supervisors.
- Frequent certifications by the Department of Labour Inspection of all projects and heavy machinery.
- Good channels of communication with local authorities and police for guidance and collaboration on special tasks.
The current trend in the Cypriot construction market has been a motion towards taller buildings, which is especially apparent on the Limassol seafront. The company has been gearing up for this trend in recent years through its acquisition of specialized machinery such as tower cranes and goods lifts. We have successfully managed to employ techniques and develop our skills towards this trend on our recent contract, “The Address,” a 13-storey development on the Limassol beachfront.
On two of our most recent contracts, “The Address” and “The Corniche,” we have successfully managed to develop valuable skills in the construction of deep foundations and piles.
Our engineers and project managers have gained the necessary toolset to deal with these specialist tasks efficiently and are ready to utilise it on future projects which will inevitably integrate deep foundations, as these are currently used more and more frequently in Cyprus. The company proudly belongs to a small group of contractors in Cyprus who have built raft foundations in excess of 2,000m3 in one continuous cast.
In the historical centres of the cities and rural areas of Cyprus, projects are inherently challenging due to the tightly arranged neighbourhoods surrounding them. This leads to the necessity for highly-organised and well-managed construction sites and good channels of communication with local authorities. The company has successfully tackled such issues on projects like the CUT library and the Zara department store in Limassol’s historical centre.
Recently, the company has been involved in the construction of various steel structures, the most notable of which include the new Medochemie logistics facility, which encompasses a 2,000 square meter steel hangar, the new company maintenance facility with a 700 square meter steel hangar, and “The Corniche” multi-level parking lot.
Renovations on historically signiﬁcant buildings
Over the years the company has been involved in a number of interventions on historically significant buildings. Delicate restoration work has been carried out on landmark buildings such as the Paphos Harbour, the old court of Limassol, the Zoopigi Commandaria Museum and many others.
On many occasions, the delivery of a project has been very tightly bound to challenging time limitations. This is usually the case when the client is also contractually bound to delivery dates. Examples include interventions on hotels during the low season, high-end pre-sold real estate developments and industrial construction for clients working on a stiff production schedule.