Situated in the sunny north-eastern part of the Mediterranean basin, at the crossroads of Europe, Africa and Asia lies the beautiful and sunny island of Cyprus.
Cyprus has a subtropical climate with very mild winters on the coast and warm to hot summers. It has 340 dry days per year with over 3000 hours of sunshine, with rain occurring mainly in the winter.
With its beautiful sandy beaches perfectly complimented by dramatic mountain ranges, its peaks reach an impressive altitude of 1952m meaning they are perfect for skiing in the winter months.
In short, Cyprus enjoys the perfect all-year round climate the most pleasant and mild winter in the EU. Among all cities in this part of the EU, Limassol has the warmest winters; in the period January – February average temperature is 17–18 °C (63–64 °F) during the day and 9-10 °C (48–50 °F) at night. Therefore, it is no surprise that it is among the best places to settle in or make an investment in real estate in the world.
With money to spare, shrewd investors have backed their instincts and made an investment in high-end property in Cyprus.
Long sandy beaches are lapped by the blue Mediterranean waters, charming unspoilt villages nestle in the slopes of the Troodos mountains, and historic Byzantine churches, medieval castles and ancient ruins paint the rich and diverse picture that Cyprus is today.
Limassol is the second largest town of Cyprus and the most important tourist and commercial centre on the island. It enjoys sandy beaches, luxury 5-star hotels, and a wide range of traditional Cypriot tavernas, all other types of cuisines, bars and nightlife.
Enchanted by the Mediterranean Sea, Limassol is famed for the hospitality of its people, historical sites,, luxury hotels, designer shops and the best nightlife on the island- making it the perfect place to live.
Interesting Events throughout the year in Limassol:
• Wine Festival - Limassol Zoo (August/September)
• Limassol Carnival - Around Limassol (March)
• Cyprus Rally - Around Cyprus(May)
• Lemesia Sports Event - Various Locations in Limassol (October)
• Russian-Cypriot Festival - Molos Area (June)
• Beer Festival - Molos Area (June)
• European Dance Festival - Rialto Theatre (May)
• Amathusia Fstival - Ayios Tychonas (May)
• Ballet Festival - Various theatres in Limassol (tbc)
• Shakespeare Nights - Kourion Theatre (June)
• Berengaria Theatre - Kourion Theatre (March)
• Annual Contemporary Dance Platform - Rialto Theatre (March)
Interesting Places to Visit in Limassol:
• Limassol Zoo
• Limassol Medieval Castle
• Kolossi Castle
• Kourion Archielogical Place (Amathusia)
• St Raphael Marina
• Limassol Marina
• Molos Promenade and Beach
• Ayiou Andreou street (old traditional part of Limassol)
• Makarios Avenue for shopping
• My Mall Limassol (Zakaki Area)
• Cyprus Wine Museum (Episkopi/Kolossi)
• Dhassoudi Beach
• Independance Street (Anexartisias) for shopping
• Limassol Municipal Art Gallery
• Limassol Municipal Library
• Fassouri Watermania Waterpark
• Grand Mosque
• Archeological Museum of Limassol
• Folk Art Museum